Friday, March 2, 2007

Hallways and broken elevators

Like many common areas in Ukraine the hallways in apartments buildings are not very well taken care of. I guess some money is paid to make some people take care of these areas but nothing much happens. This maybe explains Ukrainian mentality towards paying taxes.



One typical hallway. Looks like a squatted place but Jeppe actually paid a lot to live there.




Elevator of the building of my apartment. One day the doors would not open and Anna was stuck in there. She was shouting for help to the people outside but the idiots would not do anything to get her out. Luckily she had her phone on her and could call me, and I had Semen call the elevator repair man. Semen tells me that he has been stuck in elevators two times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sympathize with you:(